Technical Guidance for Assessing Cumulative Environmental Effects under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
This technical guidance document is for information purposes only. It is not a substitute for the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 (CEAA 2012) or its regulations. In the event of any inconsistency between this technical guidance and CEAA 2012 or its regulations, CEAA 2012 or its regulations would prevail. This document may be reviewed and updated periodically by the Agency.
Draft Version: Public Comments Invited
Environmental assessment practitioners, the public and Aboriginal groups are invited to provide comments on this draft technical guidance document. Any feedback on this document should be submitted to the Agency at CEAA.guidance-orientation.ACEE@ceaa-acee.gc.ca by June 30, 2015. All comments will be reviewed and considered for integration in the document for release in its finalized form. The document will be considered an ‘evergreen’ resource and will be subject to periodic updates as appropriate.
Catalogue No. En106-116/1-2014E-PDF
This document has been issued in French under the title: Orientation technique pour l’évaluation des effets environnementaux cumulatifs en vertu de la Loi canadienne sur l’évaluation environnementale (2012).
This document is also available in Adobe's Portable Document Format [PDF - 1,051 KB].
- Table of Contents
- 1.0 Overview and Outcomes of Scoping
- 1.1 Identifying Valued Components
- 1.2 Determining spatial boundaries
- 1.3 Determining temporal boundaries
- 1.4 Examining physical activities that have been and will be carried out
- 2.0 Overview and Outcomes of the Analysis
- 2.1 Analyzing Various Types of Data and Information
- 2.2 Addressing Data Limitations and Uncertainty in the Analysis
- Appendix 1: Source-pathway-receptor model
- Appendix 2: Types of cumulative effects
- Appendix 3: Selecting the methods to be used
- Date Modified: