Terms and conditions
Copyright/Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site have been produced and/or compiled by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
Much of the material on this site is covered by the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and by international agreements. Such copyright serves to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution without prior written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). To obtain permission to reproduce Government of Canada materials on this site for commercial purposes, Apply for Crown Copyright Clearance or write to:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0S5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on GoC Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a GoC institution and an external organization, as part of a collaborative agreement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply; it may be necessary to seek permission from the author or copyright holder prior to reproduction. To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H3
- The GoC does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user's computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider's server
- CEAA makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting CEAA sites
- The length of each visit
- The number of requests per visit
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in CEAA may be directed to our Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling 1-866-582-1884. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency respects the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information on this site is available in both French and English. However, users should be aware that some information from external sources is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Hyperlinking from the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency Website
Links to websites not under the control of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency are provided solely for the convenience of users. The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content of those websites. The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada websites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency links, might be available only in the language(s) used by the websites in question.
- Date Modified: